ALERT – PLEASE BE ON THE LOOK OUT for a sub adult/medium size elephant with approximaterly 30cm – 1/3 of bottom of trunk sliced through by a snare.
He was seen 22/6/16 Wednesday night by KAWFT and a Kariba Resident near the Nyanyana Bridge.
On the one occasion he was seen on his own crossing the road and on the other he was seen with approximately 10 other Elephants.
Please advise on the below if you do have sighting or suspected sighting.
1. Where about seen/location
2. Time of day or night
3. Is the animal on its own or with others, approximately how many
4. Any defining marks on the ears, body etc or noticeable difference between the 2 tusks of any of the other Elephants that may be with him, for ease of locating.
All information possible will assist with the finding of the animal or herd he is with and the sooner the more chance of giving medical attention and saving.
5. If possible keep the animal visual until help arrives, PARKS will keep in contact as they urgently make their way to you.
6. If able, try and take photographs to whats app or email them urgently.
DO NOT APPROACH THE ANIMAL
Please keep a look out and check all Elephants you may pass as he/they could be moving anywhere between Charara and Kariba.
Parks have also been alerted. Both Parks and KAWFT will all be searching in the hopes they can locate the Elephant and have Wildlife Vets attend to this horrendous situation this poor animal is in due to callous humans.
As always this is matter of urgency as the quicker PARKS find him, the more chance of saving his bottom part of trunk and saving the Elephant itself as he will be unable to drink with a gaping hole of 80% in his trunk and eating is painful process.
WHATSAPP NUMBERS -for photos or messages
Sonya Mc Master 0778 733 784
Debbie Ottman 0784 512 921 or email firstname.lastname@example.org